Who are we?
- We are a group of stakeholders, including people with respiratory conditions and health professionals, who want to improve respiratory care for people in Greater Manchester
- We are led by our clinical leads, Dr Jennifer Hoyle, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine at North Manchester, and our Primary Care Advisor, Dr Murugesan Raja GP, who are supported by many other clinicians and the network team. (The photo above shows Dr Hoyle (centre left) and Dr Raja (right), with Dr Peter Elton, the SCNs' Clinical Director (left), and Gareth Lord, Respiratory Network Programme Manager
What are our aims?
- To articulate clinical best practice and support improvement in respiratory care pertaining to four key areas outlined as priorities:
- Flu and subsequent pneumonia
- Early detection and diagnosis
- Avoidable presentations to hospital
How do we do it?
- Networking and partnership working to identify where improvements can be made
- Establishing best practice and developing materials such as pathways, recommendations and resources that can be adopted by clinicians and commissioners
- Using pilots to evidence best practice and shared learning
- Promoting practice change by supporting implementation of local proposals
How can I get involved?
- Our Patients, Carers and Public Advisory Group plays an important role in helping to shape the Strategic Clinical Networks' projects
- To get involved, call 0113 825 0892 for a chat or email email@example.com